2 DAYS GORILLA TREK BY HELICOPTER
Volcanoes National Park
2 Days / 1 Night
|One & Only Gorilla's Nest||Volcanoes National Park||FB+||1x Virunga Suites||1 Night|
B&B: Bed and Breakfast
FB+: Full Board Plus - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Activities
Day 1: One & Only Gorilla's Nest, Volcanoes National Park
Volcanoes National Park
Bordering the Democratic Republic of Congo in Rwanda, and set high on the jungle-covered slopes of the volcanic Virunga Mountains, the Volcanoes National Park is best known as a sanctuary for the region’s rare mountain gorillas. Visitors flock here to experience face to face encounters with these intriguing creatures. Regulated treks through the reserve allow visitors to spend an hour at a time with these incredible primates in their natural habitat. While the gorillas are without a doubt the main drawcard, visitors can also look forward to exploring a network of scenic hiking trails, with the beautiful day hike to the Crater Lake on Mount Bisoke being a particular highlight. Make sure to visit the fascinating Karisoke Research Centre and the tomb of the world-famous Dian Fossey.
- TBA: Transfer to Kigali airport for your helicopter flight to Volcanoes.
- TBA: Helicopter departs to Musanze airstrip in Volcanoes.
- TBA: Arrival at Musanze airstrip and transfer to One & Only.
- TBA: Arrival at One & Only Gorillas Nest Lodge for your check-in.
- TBA: Dinner and overnight stay at One & Only Gorillas Nest Lodge.
Overnight: One & Only Gorilla's Nest
Cushioned in the foothills of the breath-taking Virunga Volcano range, One&Only Gorilla’s Nest makes the magical possible as you enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime, personal encounter with the rare and majestic mountain gorilla, roaming free in its own natural habitat. Offering an exclusive front-row seat to the world’s most popular mountain gorilla sanctuary. You’ll be captivated as exotic colourful birds and one of the planet’s greatest array of primate species flourish before your eyes and welcome you into their world. Then retreat to your own world, a spectacular modern haven, where every creature comfort is yours to behold. An all-inclusive resort, guests can look forward to savoring locally inspired dishes and taking part in two complimentary daily on-resort experiences.
Soak up the rare wholesome beauty as you bathe in your open-air bathtub, refresh in the outdoor shower, lounge in your spacious deck, or dine al fresco with loved ones. Inside, move between your chic king bedroom, grand master bathroom with large standalone bath and shower, and your separate living and dining spaces with a roaring fireplace at the heart.
Have all your desires met, regardless of the time, by our resident chef and butler who are always on call. With a private catering kitchen, enjoy fresh ingredients tailored to your tastes.
Full Board Plus - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Activities
Day 2: End of Itinerary
- 0600: Begin the day with a morning breakfast.
- 0630: Transfer to the park headquarters for gorilla trekking briefing.
- 0800: Start the gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park.
- 1200: Estimated time of returning from the jungle.
- 1230: Transfer back to the Lodge for Lunch.
- 1500: Drive to Musanze airstrip for your helicopter flight.
- 1530: Fly back to Kigali By helicopter.
- 1600 Estimated time of arriving at Kigali Airport.
- 1620: Ready for Check-in for your flight out of Rwanda.
- 1715: End of service.
|Gorilla Trekking Volcanoes National Park|
Gorilla Trekking Volcanoes National Park
Gorilla Trekking in the Volcanoes National Park offers visitors the unique opportunity of discovering the 10 families of gorillas that live within the national park. Visitors can enjoy a cup of coffee before the trek starts and will be separated into groups of 8 depending on their physical abilities. Each group is guided by a guide and two scouts who are well trained in emergency situations. The amount of time set aside per trek is different depending on where the gorilla family is situated. Some trips may take as little as half an hour and some taking the better part of the day.
Breakfast and Lunch
- Transfer to the airport for heli-transfer on day 1. • All activities as highlighted in the itinerary • 1 Night at One & Only Gorillas Nest includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, minibar, non-alcoholic beverages, alcoholic house beverages with meals, and two activities per person per day (as defined by the Resort and subject to change without notice). • 1 Gorilla permit per person (this includes briefing at RDB offices, guide, and trek – US$ 1500.-) • Exclusive use of a private safari land cruiser 4x4 with WI-FI in receptive areas. • Return Helicopter flight from Kigali-Volcanoes National Park •Services of a professional, experienced English-speaking driver guide. •Bottled mineral water in the vehicle during the tour. •Our assistance.
- International airline tickets unless on request
- Pre safari night in Kigali
- All extra activities, visits, entrances, and extra meals/drinks are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entry visa fees,
- Optional extras whilst in Kigali.
- Drinks throughout the trip,
- Tips and gratuities,
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, mini bar, porter-age, travel insurance, etc.
|Date||Flight||Airline||Departure Airport||Time||Arrival Airport||Time||Class||Ref|
|Charter Flight||Kigali City||One & Only Gorilla's Nest|
|Charter Flight||One & Only Gorilla's Nest||Kigali International Airport [KGL]|